Thursday, September 6, 2012

12/2/09


Essay



The heights by great men reached and kept,
Were not attained by sudden flight;
But they, while there companions slept,
Were toiling upward through the night.



When I read this poem, it reminded me of men [and women]. Some of these people are great for devoting there life’s to science. Its about good men doing good things while there helpers don’t help a lot.


          Michael faraday is the first I will write about. He was a good thinker and always asked questions. For example, he made a current of electricity motivated by questions. His big dream was to make a waterwheel on Niagara Falls. His dream came true, and to this day a monument lies at Niagara Falls before a waterwheel.


          Next on the list comes Nikola tesla. He did experiments about electricity. He made an ac motor to send electricity throughout the entire town. Thomas Edison produced a dc motor but this was less superior than teslas motor. I thoroughly thought that he was a jerk though, but only because he thought marrying would distract him in his work. Kids aren’t all that bad, are we?

       When I grow up, I will be a pilot so I won’t really have science traits. But I will be thoroughly improving jets so much that ill bring back the classic bi-plane in futuristic mode! Scientists are always making life better and I will to.


        When I grow up, I’m going to make a revised version of bi-planes and game boy advances. Scientists might be cool but I’m sticking with pilot/engineer. Till later, see ya!




                                                          Essay ends

No comments: